Comparing Weight Loss Programs

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has used the Professional Weight Management program. How does this program work? Also, I am interested in info from anyone who has used Jenny Craig vs. Nutrisystem. Please help. I've got to lose this weight.

By Matt'sMom

I'd like to offer a suggestion. One of the things most people who overeat fear is being hungry, especially at first. If you like spaghetti sauce, and vegetables, and ranch dip and raw veggies, and sandwiches, I did this once and I was healthier in so many ways. Because there is so much fiber in this experiment, you will flush lots of water and abdominal bloating. I went to Costco and bought frozen veggie medley and two jars of spaghetti sauce, and a container of Parmesan cheese. I also bought elsewhere brown rice, potatoes, green peppers, avocados, white onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts, and thin sliced white cheese [any].

I bought some apples and oranges, some plain white yoghurt [lucerne is good for this] and a package of ranch dressing mix, the one that needs you to add buttermilk. And a loaf of whole wheat bread with at least 1-2 grams fiber in it. I mixed one cup yoghurt with a scant teaspoon of ranch powder and let it sit in covered container in fridge and tested it. Add nothing if you like it, more powder or more yogurt. So for breakfast, clear tea, whole wheat toast with barely any butter, but enough. Fruit or juice [small serving] if you like, even small glass milk if you like. I drank one percent.

For hunger between meals, I ate half an apple or orange, or similar. For lunch or dinner, recipes are sort of interchangeable. I'd fix a big platter of fresh veggies and use yoghurt as dip or steam veggies and use spaghetti sauce as sauce, with Parmesan cheese to taste. Brown rice or baked potato as I felt like it. Use yoghurt as sour cream. Sometimes I'd make a dagwood type sandwich with layers of veggies shredded or sliced and a slice of cheese, yogurt instead of mayo and Parmesan on that if I liked. As you can guess I was stuffed. Because if I felt panicky about being hungry and I was alone, I'd fix a big platter of whatever. By day 3 I guarantee, the panic will be buried and dying under a mountain of veggie peels, and you will know you've had plenty of fiber. By end of week, your appetite will be under more control with no real effort except shopping and peeling.

Drink tea unsweetened as opposed to coffee if you are used to caffeine because it's not going to have the low blood sugar rebound effect. NO POP. Just give it up. No diet drinks. Water, tea, milk, small juice. Water is good. I don't what it is about this but it helped me and I've never been as compulsive about food since. After that, try to eat what you know you should, just regular food, but think fiber, fiber. It really helps. Don't bother with special diet foods. If you haven't cooked it yourself, how do you know what's in it? Walk, a lot. If you are consistent about eating your veggies first, I guarantee you you won't eat that much junk, there won't be room.

Buy the book Women, Food and God

by Geneen Roth

Geneen was on Oprah yesterday and they talked about weight issues, food issues and why Oprah will never diet again and this book has everything to do with it.

Oprah recommends it!

There was a woman on the show that lost and gained 100lbs in her life several times. She's lost the 100 lbs for the last time after reading Geneen's book.

Try it! : )

Weight Watchers is a great program and one that you can stay on for ever. It really teaches you to think about what and how much you eat. The question I have about Jenny Craig and similar programs is - what do you eat when you stop ordering their food? I assume you are not going to stay on it for ever! Good Luck

Jenny Craig, I lost 16 pounds then stopped gained twice the amount of weight back. I have not tried Nutri System yet.

Health & Beauty Weight LossMay 11, 2010
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A plate full of supplements.
Using Supplements for Weight Loss
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers