Save Your Old Shower Curtain

When you get a new shower curtain, if there's nothing much wrong with your old one, keep it. It can be used as a drop cloth for a painting project. Use to lay yard sale items on, or as a tarp to cover items with, in your garage, in your yard, or in the back of your truck. You might come up with other ideas on using it than I have, as well.

By Terri H. from NV

If you are having a big party outside use it to cover up your ice bucket or use as a cover on a bed or sofa for a yohng child or someone ruperating from surgery. Tons of uses.

keep a couple stashed in the car. If your kids get wet or dirty at the park, they can sit on that to keep seat clean,or put on floor for muddy feet. If you have a flat you have to change, lay it on the ground next to car so you don't get dirty.

I've had the same shower curtain for at least seven years. I put it in the washer on a gentle rinse cycle w/just a little bit of detergent & vinegar - maybe twice a year (only two of us in the house) & I spritz the inside with a vinegar/water mix every couple of weeks. It's vinyl, and on the rare occassion the holes rip through the shower rings, I just hole-punch a new one. I'm always looking to reduce consumption, which naturally factors to saving money.

I used my old shower curtain under the cat liter box saves alot of clean up.

We have a vinyl repair kit for our waterbed, but it ran out of vinyl. We used an old shower curtain for pieces.

Wash it in your washing machine, hang it up to dry, put it in one of those plastic bags with a zipper on it, (they usually come with comforters, etc.), then put it in your trunk. Now when you and the family are out and decide to picnic or stop, park and enjoy the scenery at a park,etc. you have either a picnic cover or a "sheet" to put on the ground to sit on, especially if the ground is wet with dew or a recent rain.

They are also good to put on the car seat when the dog is riding with you.

Also, put under a highchair to catch spilled food.

Thanks for the other hints.

Great for picnic table cover, bench covers at games, cut up in shapes for the kids to sit on outside or table place mats for their snacks outside Also, on the kitchen floor when the kids come in with dirty clothes, I have them undress right on the spot roll up haul all to laundry no mess left behind. Great for tents and forts for the kids.

Uses for Shower Curtains
Uses for Shower Curtains
Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 17, 2007
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄