Wind Chime From Soda Cans

To make a cheap wind chime, I used a 1x4 inch board, cut 4- 3 1/2 inch pieces, and drilled 4 small holes, 3 inches apart, and 2 holes in the top of the board. I used fishing line to make the hanger, and I use soda cans, any kind of soda will work. I paint the board the same color as the cans. I use fishing line to hang the cans.

I have a Redneck or Hillbilly Windchime.

By Barbara from Spring Hill, FL

I like this idea. I don't know that I'd make one with whole cans, since you'd need a fairly large space to hang it (which I currently don't have), but I can see some intriguing possibilities for using cans and tin snips to create pieces for a wind chime.

Crafts Using Soda Cans
Crafts Using Soda Cans
Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 22, 2011
Soda Can Lantern as Outdoor Decor
Making a Soda Can Lantern
Wind chimes that are made from a clay pot.
Clay Pot Wind Chimes
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
Recycled Key Wind Chime
Making a Recycled Key Wind Chime