Painting Plastic Trim on Steel Door

How do I paint plastic trim on a steel nine light door?

By Linda from Morley, MO

I just put up new garage steel doors with plastic trim. I followed the directions the garage door people gave me. First wash the plastic with soap and water and let dry. Then,and I used a spray can, of primer made for plastic. When dry paint with water based paint of your choice. I also masked the area around the plastic so I would not get any plastic primer on the steel doors.

Plastic is just like most surfaces, it requires the correct primer before you can paint it. If it is really shiny I would recommend that you sand it down a bit to dull the sheen. Go to your local paint store or big box and get a primer recommended for plastic, then paint with a good quality latex based paint. ... t/Painting/How_To_Paint_Plastic.html

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingNovember 8, 2009
A paint bucket and paint swatches.
Painting Steel to Look Like Wood
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
old car
Painting Vinyl Car Trim