Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

How do I remove a photo (without ruining it) from glass when it has gotten wet?

By Judi from Brighton, CO

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

There is advice in the ThriftyFun archives below. Just scroll down on this page.

February 3, 2011 Flag

I need help in unsticking a photo from an old frame.

By Mark from Tyler, TX

Answers:

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

Trust me. It has happened to me before and in time it comes off! (12/24/2010)

By JC Penny

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 20, 2010 Flag

How do you unstick pictures stuck to the glass in a picture frame?

By Christie

Answers:

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

Rest it on a filled hot water bottle, glass down and I would imagine that the photo will lift up after a little heating. Don't keep it on there too long. I hope it works!

Monique :) (11/16/2010)

By Monique63

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

I use the trusty hair dryer. Start with the cool switch and move it warmer and warmer. You will know when it is hot enough. The paper the photo is on will 'talk' to you, make noises. (11/21/2010)

By T&T Grandma

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 15, 2010 Flag

I have a 8x10 white black photo, there is a 4 1/2 inch piece of glass stuck onto the photo. How do I remove the glass without peeling the old photo? Is there any place I can send it to to have it repaired? Please advise asap. Thanks!

Tracie

Answers:

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

Try putting it into the freezer for a while; then the photo (still cold) should unpeel. I've heard this works, haven't tried it myself. (09/28/2010)

By joanne

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

Before you try anything at least get a copy of the photo by scanning it or taking it to Staples and have them do it. That way if what you try does not work at least you have a copy of the photo. (09/29/2010)

By Lilac

Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

If the photo is not a computer printed photo from your home printer, but was actually processed by a photo center, you can soak the glass and photo in water. It should be easy to remove then. Part of photo processing is the final water bath. After it is removed, allow it to air dry. It will curl a bit, but the photo should still be good. (09/30/2010)

By Noella

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
old photo
Removing a Photo Stuck to Glass
Home and Garden Repair OtherFebruary 3, 2011
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 5:11:14 AM on 10.0.1.120 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.