Earigate Reviews

Could someome give me a review of a product called "Earigate"? It's for removing earwax. Here's my concern: I've had ruptures in both eardrums, I don't know if I'm supposed to use this product. It comes with an information sheet but it is wrapped anound the cannister and sealed under plastic. You can't read it unless you buy it. I don't have money to spare for things I can't use. And, yes, I know I should have this done at the doctors but my insurance no long covers this procedure and I can't afford the $400.00+ price. I figure something sold over the counter must be safe if used properly. Thanks for any help.

Peanut from South Norfolk VA

On their website FAQ's, at the bottom of the page, is a warning about perforated eardrums. http://www.earigate.ca/en/faq/#faq15

If you still have questions or doubts, call your doctor and ask.

I will tell you how I cleaned my ears out. I used my dental water pik. You can control the pressure. i also put warm water in it. It worked great. I don't know anything about a perforated ear drum though so. $400.00? They must be wanting to go on a cruise! Hope you can find a solution. God bless you!

I don't know anything about the product but I would take it back to the pharmacy counter and ask them to open it and let you read the directions before you buy it.

consider the elephant ear irrigation bottle. the doc i used to work for used it in her office. you (or someone helping you) control the velocity of the water. also, if your doc gets $400 for this procedure some one is getting robbed. we were lucky to collect $65 for it.

I clean mine with half warm water and half peroxide. Use an eye dropper to place it in.

I work at a drs office. We irrigate patients ears with a large syringe. They really don't like to hear that patients are doing this kind of thing themselves. Our office is very old school and very cautious. I would recommend calling your drs office before spending $400 you don't have.

In my opinion, you should not open the package.

You should call your physican, or the doctor's Nurse

to discuss the use of this product.

Be honest. Tell your physican you can not afford the $400. He may not realize that it costs so much. Often times doctors DONT realize the cost of prescriptions.......they don't ask the price when they call it in to the druggist. The price of prescriptions are changing from day-to-day.

In some cases there MIGHT be another prescription that might do the same for your condition, as this $400 one. Often this is the case.

When my husband was going thru treatments for lung cancer, we could not afford the $$$ for one of his medications. We called the doctor and told him how much it cost, and we just can't afford it. Is there a substitute ?

He was soooo nice about this. He had NO idea of the cost, , it was over $13 a day for just ONE pill, and my hubby needed several a day.

Our doctor called the Drug Rep,whose company made the medication, and asked them if they could provide the medication for his patient. Believe it or not....the drug company DID provide the medication to him for the entire time it was necessary .

Hope this is of help to you,

I am totally sold on 'ear candles' for removing ear wax. My elderly father was going to the ENT every couple of months because of an over abundant production of ear wax. He absolutely hated the water irrigation process the physician used. I convinced him to let me use "ear candles" on his ears. The first time I did it I removed two huge plugs of ear wax, one from each ear (there was no mistaking the deep orange color). I now 'candle' his ears every time I cut his hair and nails, about every six weeks. The last time I took him to the VA, the nurse practitioner came out to ask me what I had been using on his ears. She could not believe how clean they were and how clean his hearing aids were staying! She had me write down the instructions, she wanted to try it at home on her own father!

Be sure to purchase them (about $6 for two) from a reputable health food store. Ask them how many they sell a month, if it is less than a dozen, BUY THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE, the frequent users obviously know they are of poor quality. You can buy cheaper ones, but they will not be safe, some have too much or too little wax coating the linen cone.

This video shows pretty clearly how to 'candle' safely...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2eXSeOGX8M&NR=1

Tamak

If the ruptures were in the past, they should be healed, and it would be safe to use the product. The warnings are for ruptures you might have at the time; if you use the product when you have a rupture, the medicine would go into the middle ear and might harm the bones of the middle ear. Peroxide or any product that softens the wax could be used along with a bulb to flush the canal of the wax. Even if insurance won't pay for a routine cleaning, they'll often pay for a "problem" if you see an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist).

A specialist handed me this stuff last summer. It is awful! It made my ear dramatically worse instantly! I did try continueing it to wait for better rrsults and it continuesly made it worse and worse. Almost a year later I still can't hear out of my ear, not that I could in the first place as thats why it was given to me. But worse!

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Health and FitnessJuly 28, 2008
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Ninja Blender
Ninja Blender Reviews
EmeryCat Board
Emery Cat Board Reviews
🎄