Dyed Eyebrow Debacle

I have kinda medium blond hair and I dyed it black and also did the same to my eyebrows and now my eyebrows look so retarded. What can I do?

Eric from Salt Lake City, UT

Best Answer

If the color on your eyebrows has faded, and you want some of the color back, you could use an eyebrow pencil in your desired color. If your eyebrows are too bold and you want them to fade, there is a product (similar to a lotion) that it used to remove excess hair color around the face after the color has been applied. You can buy it at a beauty supply store such as Sally's. But some things are best left to the experts... all hair dyeing should truly be done by a professional.

Buy some hair bleach (usually marketed for upper lip or some other embarrassing facial hair). You'll find it in the same area as hair wax stuff at the grocery store or pharmacy. It is cheap. It is gentle enough to put on your skin. Just put some on, test it every few minutes. If it's not light enough put some more on.

I used facial hair bleach on my dark eyebrowns once and it turned them a reddish gold! Be careful and go to a professional!

Your eye sight is precious. Please see a professional.

I'm assuming you are trying to keep the dark hair?

I'd be inclined to use a few drops of a harsh "Clarifying" shampoo on the brows and let it dry before rinsing.

It's likely to strip the dye way down to a med. dark

color. If you have not trimmed your brows, this might be a good time to lightly do so, mostly between the eyes over the nose, if you need it like most men do?

Although you may think you like the dark color dye that you have now, your complexion might not contrast well with your new color. Instead, I'd suggest your trying Henna, because American made hair dyes in dark colors are seriously causing cancer in the lower organs of the body. Look up "hair dye causing cancer". If you accept what they say, and still want to stay darker in color, then you might have luck mixing Henna black and Henna red together, equally. It's a most interesting combo leaving the hair unusually healthy and natural with lots of unusual highlights.

It needs essential oil, however, and strong concentrate of tea or coffee, to "make", and takes

many hours, up to 12 hours for the best color. then do not rinse too well until the next day, since it continues to process throughout the first day.

If you are not good at using this, don't try it alone.

I am trained in hairdressing and can tell you that, like any hair coloring, you can color your skin as well

if you are not very careful. I use lotion on my skin, wrapping it in permanent wave cotton lengths to absorb any drips, prior to applying Henna/or any other dyes from my past habits, and "nurse" it carefully as it is wrapped in a shower cap for processing/timing.

I had no idea, prior to starting to use the Henna the first of the year, that it would leave the hair in such good condition, sort of thickening it, and producing multi-hued colors in the highlights, different for each person, but more natural than anything I could have imagined. It covers greys well, making them almost irridescent or translucent, blending so well with the other colors.

Test on two sacrificed locks/strands well in advance.

Henna has a pecular smell, between Alfalfa Hay and

strong Herbs, takes a little getting used to, but so

worth it to me. Hope this helps you. Good luck and

God bless you. : )

Woman having her eyebrows dyed
Re-Dyeing Your Eyebrows
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringOctober 9, 2006
sharpie tie dyed tshirt
Making a Sharpie Tie Dyed T-Shirt
Dyed Hair
Toning Down Dyed Hair
Woman Applying Eyebrow Pencil
Eyebrow Pencil Usage Tips and Tricks