Decor With A Vintage Camera Theme

After getting a hold of a couple vintage cameras, I've fallen in love. Now I'd like my new living room to resemble an old film studio. I'm going to hang photos (black and white/sepia) on the walls and put the cameras up on shelves. I also thought about painting some small boxes to look worn, and label them things like, "flash bulbs" and "film" etc.

I was wondering if anyone could come up with any other ideas for decor. Since its pretty unique, I can't just run to the store and buy stuff. It's all going to have to be made.

Natasha from Illinois

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

What a cool and unique idea!

Maybe you can find a lightbox, or make one-I bet they have ideas on this site. I know copy places can make acetate photos (like x-rays, so you see them with the light shining through them).

Look through books at the library-they will definitely have pictures of old studios from which you can harvest ideas.

Once you get ideas, don't forget about freecycle and craig's list. They both allow you to post "wanted" items.

The dollar stores sell disposable cameras, you can open them and use the film (or buy/make something that looks like rolls of film) for tie backs, to hold up a balloon shade, around planter bases, etc. Perhaps not real film if you have kids or pets-I'm not sure about the chemicals.

I bet you can find copies of old magazines-they had great photography. Also, scour flea markets, etc for old Kodak, polaroid, Brownie camera advertisements. I have a few old labels and things in frames scattered around.

Also, an old tripod for a camera, maybe it could hold a plant?

I hope these few ideas will spark some of your own!

Happy decorating! Sounds like a wonderfully fun project!

I would use poster-size prints of old photographic equipment. You could make those for not too much.

Get a length of dark velvet (6') or dye cheesecloth for a backdrop for one of your corners. Look at thrift stores or garage sales for the cane-backed chairs or ice cream parlor chairs and a little round table...set it up as if for picture taking....a big hat with lots of flowers could add color. Have fun.

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AccessoriesApril 21, 2008
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
Blue digital camera.
Cleaning a Digital Camera
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 4:30:10 PM on 10.0.2.79 in 923 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.