Freezing Cooked Salmon

Can I freeze cooked salmon?

Alan from Plymouth, UK

Hi,

I have frozen cooked salmon use it in either a dip, spread or patties, otherwise, is kind dry. Let me know if you need a recipe.

However if you do decide to reheat, use the oven and wrap the fish in tinfoil with liquid

Kelly in Alaska

I would say yes. Of course you're going to wrap it in an air-tight package. I would also use it within 3 months, and cover it with a damp paper towel when you pop it into the microwave.

December 30, 2008 Flag

Can you freeze cooked salmon? Will it taste watery when thawed and warmed in the microwave?

Glenda

Answers:

Freezing Cooked Salmon

Leftover salmon patties can be frozen and I just pour water over them and drain and place a damp paper towel over the dish before warming in microwave. They were not dried out or overly moist. (08/06/2008)

By Lorelei

Freezing Cooked Salmon

I grill salmon, let it cool and use a handy vac. I have had salmon that was 3 months in the freezer that tasted as good, thaw and heated in the microwave (if you put it in the microwave frozen, it dries out), as the day it came off the grill (08/06/2008)

By scott E.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A cooked salmon filet.
Freezing Cooked Salmon
Food and Recipes Freezing SeafoodDecember 30, 2008
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 5:16:18 AM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.