Freezing Cooked Salmon

Can I freeze cooked salmon?

Alan from Plymouth, UK

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By kelly (Guest Post) 01/06/2009

I have frozen cooked salmon use it in either a dip, spread or patties, otherwise, is kind dry. Let me know if you need a recipe.

However if you do decide to reheat, use the oven and wrap the fish in tinfoil with liquid
Kelly in Alaska

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 01/06/2009

I would say yes. Of course you're going to wrap it in an air-tight package. I would also use it within 3 months, and cover it with a damp paper towel when you pop it into the microwave.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Freezing Cooked Salmon

Can you freeze cooked salmon? Will it taste watery when thawed and warmed in the microwave?

RE: Freezing Cooked Salmon

Leftover salmon patties can be frozen and I just pour water over them and drain and place a damp paper towel over the dish before warming in microwave. They were not dried out or overly moist. (08/06/2008)

By Lorelei

RE: Freezing Cooked Salmon

I grill salmon, let it cool and use a handy vac. I have had salmon that was 3 months in the freezer that tasted as good, thaw and heated in the microwave (if you put it in the microwave frozen, it dries out), as the day it came off the grill (08/06/2008)

By scott E.