Recipe for Jello "Perfection Salad"

I am looking for a Jello salad recipe that we used to call Perfection Salad. It probably goes back to at least the 50's. This is made with lime Jell-O, carrots, celery and cabbage. There is some type of mayonnaise-based dressing that is served with it. All of the similar recipes I have found have either pineapple, cream cheese or green olives. My recipe did not have any of those.

Deb from Hilliard, OH

My mother made this all the time. I also just made this last week. She didn't have a recipe. She just used two small boxes of lime jell-o (I used one lime and one lemon). All you do is make the jell-o as directed and let cool a little. Add cabbage, carrots and celery if you like it (I don't use it). Refrigerate until set.

I don't measure out veggies but I would guess maybe a half to three quarters cup each....? The dressing is about one cup of miracle whip thinned with about a tablespoon of milk and a tablespoon or so of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it). Like I said, we never measure, have never had a bad salad with just adding as much as we like.

This calls for ingredients other than those listed, but usually they can be substituted for ingredients you like. There wouldn't be much difference in using lime gelatin instead of the lemon or leaving the radishes out. As far as the dressing, that may have been an added touch. My mother used a dollop of plain mayonnaise as a dressing on gelatin.

SPARKLING PERFECTION SALAD

2 pkgs. lemon gelatin

2 c. boiling water

2 c. chilled ginger ale

2 tbsp. lemon juice

2 c. shredded cabbage

1 c. shredded carrots

1/2 c. thinly sliced radishes

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool. Stir in ginger ale and lemon juice and chill until partially set. Fold in vegetables. Chill until firm.