Jump Start Your Garden Seeds

April 16, in zones such as 5, 6, 7, an up. Dig out some ole margarine tubs or bottles and put some soil into them and plant flower seeds or veggies right on top. Spray with water an put them on a window sill, not south one, I prefer east window. Keep them watered and you will have little plants in a week or less. Try me. I have lots of them, even lettuce on my east window sill.

By Barb Allsopp from Summerhill, PA

Thank You, Thank You ! I will really do this

You reminded me of some seeds I got on a whim

and these will be my first seeds I plant.

I am going to get my stuff set up for the morning to do this. Thank you again.

Barb, great topic! I would just like to add that over the years I have started seeds indoors and last year I came up with the best solution for storing the plants. I put them in milk crates(in stores for anywhere between 2.50-$5). The sides have spaces for the light to get through, and I can stack them on top of each other. Last year I placed them right in front of the patio door and windows which faced west. Once the weather was nice, I could easily transport them outside for the day on the porch which faces east. Also, carrying them to the garden was easy too! The only drawback is that now I have tons of crates, but they are always useful. I'm going to submit my photo from last year in the tips section so you can see a picture if anyone is interested.

Home and Garden Gardening SeedsApril 17, 2006
Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds