Use Half Of Dryer Sheets

When using fabric softener sheets, cut them in half. They work just exactly the same as a whole sheet does. As a matter of fact, it works so well that when I bought multiple fabric softener sheets, my son (who is 21) opened each and every box and cut them all in half and placed a note on my dryer "to use only half a sheet, it works the same as a whole sheet". My sons learned this tip from me when they were small boys and remember it to this day.

By hooahmom69 from Chester, SC

Top Comment

I've also cut my dryer sheets in 4th's and have saved lots of money that way.

Top Comment

I hang on the line when I can but when I do use the dryer I never use a full sheet! 4ths? Wow! I will have to try it! I have been using halfs! :)

April 12, 2011 Flag

Instead of drying my clothes in the dryer with a whole dryer sheet, when I get a new box I cut them in half and only use one half at a time. Not only does this make my dryer sheets last twice as long, but it keeps my clothes smelling just as fresh.

By Rene from Eugene, OR

Answers:

Use Half Of Dryer Sheets

If you're wanting to soften the wash and save money, use vinegar. I use vinegar a lot in my softener dispenser and add just a little liquid fabric softener to it for the smell, although that doesn't really matter. Now on towels I find just vinegar works great. Softener on towels makes them less absorbent. I'm sure cutting the sheets in half does work well and saves money! (03/01/2011)

By Debbie52

Use Half Of Dryer Sheets

Good tip. I cut mine in 1/3. One box has lasted me over 1 1/2 years so far. (03/02/2011)

By hawthorndarkmoon

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 28, 2011 Flag

Cut your dryer sheets in half that way you get the twice the amount from the box.

By Kim from Mechanicsville, VA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 20, 2009 Flag

Regarding laundry, don't use the entire dryer sheet! I have a large family, use the cheapest dryer sheets I can find, and always tear mine in half. I've even quartered them, but find that 1/2 is great, and guess what, they last twice as long!

By KLJohn from Crawford, CO

Answers:

Use Half Of Dryer Sheets

Yeah, my family does that, too; it's an especially good idea to do that because I've heard that they're full of chemicals, so why use more than you need? (07/24/2008)

By Annie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes