Keeping Chopped Onion on Hand

I chop an onion and keep it in the freezer inside a ziplock bag that is inside a freezer bag. I always have chopped onion handy for a recipe and don't have to take the extra time to chop one each time. Double bagging it ensures that the odor does not leak!

By Becky Owens from Watertown, WI

I do the same thing and also freeze bell peppers (green, red & yellow) the same way. I use a handfull of each when frying potatoes...for potatoes O'Brian. Yum and saves time when you are in a hurry.

GG hugs, Vi

Thanks for reminding me what a good idea that is! I used to do it....altho it was more a case where I'd go ahead and cut a large onion when I only needed about half of it. I also sometimes just keep the extra chopped onion in the frig to use during the week in recipes. It keeps quite a while in the frig too. You can buy frozen chopped onion and green pepper these days and it's a real convenience but of course, if you are being frugal and watching pennies, I suppose it's better to chop up yourself. It is a time-saver tho and I'm all for that!

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJanuary 23, 2006
Cheesesteak Sandwich
Cheesesteak Sandwich Recipes
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
chopping green onions
Chopping Green Onions
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
🎉
🎄