No Cooking Oil Mess

To prevent cooking oil from messing up your shelves, simply cut the tops off of old socks and slip them on the oil bottles.

By Ronda

When I have my cooking oil near the stove for at hand use I put it in a pretty wine bottle with a pour cap/spout (Pier one) and when not in use I set it on a plant saucer the plastic kind and under neath I put the terracotta bottom of the actual palnt pot. It works great and lasts forever!

I keep a small jar of coconut oil near my cooktop and place it on a cardboard drink coaster (like the kind from Bennigan's or Chili's). You can't see it when the jar sits on it, but it works great and is easily replaced.

Bottle of olive oil with olives and leaves in the foreground.
Cooking Oil Tips
Organizing KitchenOctober 16, 2004
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Cooking With Coconut Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway