Lola Valley Park (OR)

Whenever I walk through Lola Valley Park (located in Redford, MI), I always see something new. The park never disappoints me. I was walking through the park one evening and I saw these baby ducklings on a ledge by the Rouge river bank.

This photo was taken in the morning at Lola Valley Park. I have never seen so many birds gathered in one spot. But there they were the ducks and the geese all in one spot sunning themselves on this warm beautiful morning.

I thought this tree was unusual because the roots are as white as snow. It is standing along the riverbank in Lola Valley Park.

These trees may be half dead, but they make a good photo subject.

By Cheryl

Your photos are beautiful, Cheryl! You have found a wonderful location for photography!

My husband graduated from Redford Union back in the mid-1950's. He has often talked about running on their cross country team and all the miles he ran through Lola Valley Park every day in training. He said that the hilly trails through the Park gave the RU team an advantage during meets with teams who practiced on flatter ground!

I really must ask him to take me to the Park soon. I've never been there!

Water at Lola Valley Park, OR.
Lola Valley Park Photos
Photos SceneryJune 4, 2010
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park Photos and Information
Shenandoah National Park
Shenandoah National Park Photos and Information
Glacier National Park
Glacier National Park Photos and Information
🎉
🎄