Keeping Track When Flipping Your Mattress

Which way did I flip my mattress last time? Place a safety pin on the bottom left corner, keep removing it and placing it at the bottom left corner every time you flip and turn the mattress. Rotate and flip your mattress flip counter clockwise, so you are assured that you are getting even wear and tear on that expensive mattress.

By Paula W. from Jacksonville, FL

If that pin ever leaves holes or snags, it will invalidate the warranty! I am surprised to say that a bed we purchased proved to be defective within the warranty period. This makes me extra cautious. My husband puts a piece of masking tape on the mattress to keep track, flips the mattress, then removes the tape and writes on the calendar what needs to be done next time.

I use the old saying "spin in the spring, flip in the fall". I do it on the equinox so it's marked on the calendar. Or you could do it on the daylight savings days. Either way, its a reminder.

Organizing BedroomOctober 26, 2009
Photo of a bed with a memory foam mattress.
Cleaning a Memory Foam Mattress
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Caring for Your Mattress, Upclose photo of a mattress.
Caring for Your Mattress
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover
🎄
🍂