Touch Lights for Power Outages

Another idea for power outages: I buy those touch lights. You know the ones you stick on the wall. They are battery operated, and you press them to get a soft glow. Often they are used for night lights or inside closets.

I find if you place them around the house in each room (up high away from from little hands, who love to play with them). Then if the power goes out you just press them as you enter each room or hallway. It's safer then carrying around a lit flame or trying to find and/or share the only flashlight. I have found them for as cheap as 88 cents at Walmart (on sale) and always see them in different shapes and styles at dollar stores.

By Crazy Amy from Rochester, NY

I bought these a couple of weeks ago when they were warning we may lose power from the ice storm. The flashlights are not handy to use when you have to do your hair, brush your teeth, etc. Their beam is too focused and you have to use one hand. I went to Wal Mart to get some extra tap lights and they had plenty. All their flashlights were sold out. I guess no one else figured out how well the tap lights work for power outages. They light up a lot more of the room than a flashlight. It's a great idea.

flashlight in the dark
Emergency Lighting for Power Outages
Home and Garden Emergency Power OutageFebruary 1, 2010
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out