Taming and Finding Homes for Feral Kittens

I have two feral cats that live near our house. They have 11 kittens between them. I would like to trap the older two and get them neutered and release them. I don't know what to do about the kittens. I would like to find homes, but they will need to be tamed. How do you tame a feral kitten?

By Mickey from Boyertown, PA

We have 4 formerly feral kittens who are now happy spoiled house cats albeit with a love of the great outdoors!

Central to taming them was patience and providing food. When you do the great thing of neutering the mothers the kittens will be more likely to accept food from you and so beging to see you as a good thing.

As long as you don't try to grab them suddenly which will frighten them and make the whole processs take longer you will soon be able to gain their trust.

We found little pieces of cheese were irresistable to little cats, these days they just sit by the fridge and tell us they want some!

Pets CatsJuly 19, 2010
kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Stray cat in a doorway.
Feeding Stray Cats
Newborn orange and white kitten.
Caring for Newborn Kittens
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic