A Case for the Clickers (Remote Controls)

I was tired of tring to find the clickers for the TV, VCR, DVD, stereo, Tivo, and all the goodies for which we have clickers (remote controls). The cats would walk across them and change the channels while we were gone and we would record the wrong show, they would disappear under a cushion or where ever, you all know how that goes. So I decided to make a place for them that didn't take up much space.

I took all the clickers that I wanted to be able to find for that room, and took 2 pieces of fabric and used one for the top and one for the bottom. I left extra for the top to hang from the lid of a cabinet and a little extra for a fringe bottom. Then I took clickers and and measured how wide the slots needed to be and started sewing it all together. I slid all the clickers in and there you go, you have a place to hang them without getting lost or stepped on by kitties.

I hope you can understand how this works, it works very well for us. I used fleece for my fabric because I had extra around the house. It also has some stretch in it if you get different ones that are bigger like we have.

By Jen from Eau Claire, Wi

Great idea! We've got what seems like a lot more remotes than we began with - I'll have to try this. Thanks!

I purchased a beautiful carved wooden bowl at a charity shop for $2, all our remote controls live in this bowl which sits on our t.v. unit. The whole family knows what it's for and use it (or else!!!), plus it looks great too :)

I bought a cute little baset with scrolled metal accents and ivy leaves that I store my remotes in. It sits on the end table.

Yeah i tried the basket thing, but i didnt like that it took up space on top of the end tables...

I bought this funky wine box that fits my decor...it holds all the remotes and a few other essentials such as pen and a small note pad! I always hated that the remotes were laying out...now I have this beautiful box on my coffee table!

A stack of remote controls for various electronics.
Organizing Remote Controls
Organizing MiscellaneousJanuary 13, 2006
Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
small bedroom
Finding Replacement Controls for a Heated Mattress Pad
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 9:31:41 AM on 10.0.1.236 in 989 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.