Use a Balloon to Make an Easter Basket

Years ago I made Easter baskets using crochet thread and sugar water. I have read the 'instructions' found on ThriftyFun, but cannot find the type/size of crochet thread to use. I have not been successful with a size 10 thread, but it is very tight. It will get stiff, but will not stick to the other threads, therefore you end up with a pile of stiff thread on the table when you pop the balloon. Help!

By Joyce from Oroville, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You wrap it around Balloon Then cover several times in Sugar water. Or put it in a big bucket and soak it in Sugar water. Let Harden for several days until dry.

I made these years ago also & just searched for the directions but apparently don't have them any longer. Sorry! Don't remember the size thread I used but I never used the sugar & water but used liquid starch & it worked well. I didn't dilute it. Maybe you could give that a try. They are so cute & everyone loved them. Good luck!

I used embroidery floss to make mine. Cotton twine also works. I believe I used watered down Elmer's glue instead of sugar water or starch. Mine were about the same size that you would fill a water balloon.

Sandy

http://www.yout  ch?v=YlXzaOEe_2I

Cut and paste this address to your browser. This video on youtube should help you create beautiful crochet easter egg baskets. It is step by step.

Crafts EasterFebruary 9, 2011
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Making a Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Blue balloon flowers.
Growing Balloon Flowers (Chinese Bellflower)
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:41:35 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.