Saving MoneyBudget & Finance

Affirmations To Help You Save

A reader named Jill submitted a tip that reciting the Lord's Prayer helps her keep her finances in order. Is there anything that you do on a regular basis that helps you keep your spending habits under control? While we try to shy away from politics and religion on ThriftyFun (there are many other forums for that), we are always interested to hear how people save money. Post your ideas.

Answers

I was reading the Bible. One sentence jumped out. It was something I needed. I say this over and over. I find meetings go in my favor or I avoid auto accidents or find bargains needed. etc.

I was shopping Friday and stopped at a computer bin. I got a fan for $1.50 when the tech wanted $19 to replace it. I got registry cleaner and virus for less than $5. I found prewound bobbins for $4 for 144 of them.

I am amazed that saying the Lord's prayer when walking, driving, working, cleaning, etc. leads me NOT into temptation but delivers me from evil--the evil of expensive computer repairs and software or accidents. etc.

I am hesitant to share this. I do not want anyone offended but for me this works and works big time. I even won an appeal I just made.

Those of you who like heavenly help may want to know how this little prayer repeated many times a day has helped me. I think it will help you.

By Jill

Editor's Note: Here's is the text of The Lord's Prayer.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done,

On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, (or debts)

As we forgive those who trespass against us.(or as we forgive our debtors)

And lead us not into temptation,

But deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,

and the power,

and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Amen.