How Do I Keep Litter From Sticking to Sides of Cat Box?

By Linda Delcamp 48 19

Is there a way to keep the litter from sticking to the sides of a cat box when you scoop it out? Can you spray something in the box? And what can you use that is safe for the cat?

By Linda from Brighton, MI

Showing: Answers Sort

By metroplex 82 416 Flag

I had a cat before they made cat box liners and I used to use plastic garbage bags to line the box.

I would not use spray oil or anything like any kind of spray. i think it would attract all types of bugs, vermin, plus your cat might lick it and be licking it's own urine.

I'd use cat box liners now if I had a cat and be done with it!

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

All you need to do is scrape the side of the box with the scooper when something sticks and it's not a good idea to put anything other than baking soda or litter powder in the box along with the litter. (unless of course you're going to use a cat pan liner or trash bag but I gave up on those years ago because of the expense and holes can get in them and end up with a litter trail when removing to the trash can. LOL! I find it easier to just use scoop-able litter and scoop each day in to a used produce bag.)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Silli Ole Me =0) 6 35 Flag

I would not suggest applying any type of chemical to a cats liter box especially if it is the dome type. It can create an invisible vapor that can be quite toxic to your pet. What my suggestion is because it has been so helpful with my cat box issues is using paper bags from your supermarket or any type of kraft paper to line your box. Unlike plastic & news paper which just shreds from their claws, kraft paper does not shred. When it comes time to clean....it all comes off in one swoop.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJuly 31, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
Cat Litter
Alternative Uses for Cat Litter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:25:00 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings