Home DecorCrafts

Need Ideas for Blank Fabric Canvases for Baby's Room

I am looking for ideas for three blank square fabric canvases. I'd like to do something on them for a baby's room (the theme is jungle stuff and the colors are primary). I'm a little crafty, but not that great of an artist. Any ideas? Thanks!

Amy from Austin, TX

If you are not good at painting free hand you could buy some jungle theme stamps and the paint colors of your choice to stamp out a picture. Otherwise I saw decorating show that used coordinating fabric stapled on a canvas and used embellishments to really make it pop.

Look for some coloring books. You can get them just about anywhere and they usually have something with jungle animals. I've used coloring book pictures as a "pattern" for lots of things. Put some carbon paper behind the picture and trace around it onto the canvas.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I would be tempted to take those coloring book pictures, enlarge to the size u want. Select fabrics of different textures like velvet, corduroy, leatherette etc.and colors as u would only needs scraps probably, at the most a 12" square. Trace each design onto the back of a different fabric and cut out. Glue the cutout onto the canvas. If u want, seal the edges with fabric paint in a contrasting color.