Molding Candy Melt Suckers and Favors

For Easter, I molded candy melt suckers for my grandchildren. It was very simple and I painted the details on them by mixing food colors to the melted candy and painted them on with a fine tipped art brush.

Candy Melt is made by Wilton and the molds are sold by them as well. Melt in a saucepan over boiling water. Fill molds using a spoon. Put the mold in your freezer for 5 minutes or so until firm. Invert on waxed paper and paint on details. These are VERY simple to do and so cute. I put them in a sandwich bag and tied them with pink and green curling ribbon.I 'd love to know what a candy shop would sell them for. Cost me about $3.00 for 5.

By Sharon from Ravenna, KY

Most cake decorating stores (and I believe Michelle's) sell molds and melting chocolate. The chocolate is dark, milk, white or colored. Color the white to the colors you want with paste coloring (cake decorating store). Use fine brushes and toothpick (for eyes or flower centers) to paint the areas you want a different color. Use white, brown (chocolate color), or yellow as the background color of what you are making. I have made white and brown Easter rabbits dressed in colored clothing, brown dogs that hold pink hearts, Easter ducks, valentine gifts, Christmas gifts, and appreciation to teachers. The molds are endless and they have them appropriate for almost any occasion. After painting an area, cool it so it is hard in the refrigerator before filling the mold with the base color.

Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyMay 13, 2008
Installing Crown Molding, Crown Molding Ready to be Installed
Installing Crown Molding
Homemade wedding favor.
Homemade Wedding Favors
white molding red wall
Molding Advice for a Red Wall
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
🎄
🍂