PlanningWeddings

How much should wedding extras cost?

Category Planning

I was wondering if anyone could give me ballpark figures of what I should expect to pay for the "extras" for my wedding (flowers, gifts, music, etc.). There are 125 invites (6 of them in the wedding). The theme is "garden party". Any help would be great! THANK YOU!

Anna from Massachusetts

Good luck to you!!! Have been married lots-of-years but did put together a class reunion a few years back. Easy ways to save money...flowers from Costco/Sam's Club were $12 for TWO dozen (put in vase from Michael's, bought with coupon, of course); go with a DJ...ours was about $400-great music and sounds like original artists; skip the pre-printed napkins, matches, etc...nobody remembers--put your money into good food and better bar (if serving liquor); attendants gifts---depends on what you wish to get them. The best attendant gift I recieved was a small duffel bag that I could use for the gym or overnight travel with pj's, soaps, slippers...look for after Christmas sales if you have enough time. Have fun with it but watch your pocketbook. Remember the real reason behind the wedding--you and your honey!!! :)

I helped my sister with both of her weddings, her 1st was before i discovered the interenet and cost us $7000 for 125 people. 2nd I searched everything out and got good cheap ideas and it cost us about $2500. For flowers we used in season flowers only if we wanted real that will save at least 30% on that alone, gifts, she used $10.00 gift cards to each member of wedding parties favorite restaurant. music look in the paper or ask around word ofmouth travels fast someone may do thaton the side for 25-30% cheaper then a pro and be as good, use good food that is a must doesn't need to be expensive if you get the right cook. Good Luck