The Best Type of Liner for Your Pond

The best type of pond liner for supporting the life of aquatic plants and ornamental fish are the plastic ones that have flat bottoms and also sport a shelf all away around the edge. This underwater sill is the best place to put sun-loving plants such as water lilies. If your pond liner does not have a shelf like this the result might be muddy or foggy looking water and flower buds that do not grow very big.

Tip By Hope Mason

I have the type of liner you describe, 100 gallon. I have a terribel problem with algae and all the floating plants I put in it die. Do you have any advice. I have 2 large gold fish.

Home and Garden Gardening Ponds and Rockery Pond TipsMay 24, 2006
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Backyard Pond
Controlling Grass in a Backyard Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding