Whipped Cream Cheese

I cannot find Philadelphia "Whipped" cream cheese in "Fat Free". I bought some Fat Free and am looking on ways to make it into a "Whipped" version. I do not know what to add to the fat free cream cheese in order to whip it; fat free milk? Thanks.

By John from Saint Augustine, FL

According to the links below use:

3 to 4 tablespoons milk

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

Source:

http://thethinkingmother.blogspot.c ... 2/homemade-whipped-cream-cheese.html

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Whipped-Cream-Cheese

I believe the whipped cream cheese is simply that - whipped cream cheese, nothing added. The company is simple "saving" you the whipping step when they sell the whipped product. Soften the cream cheese (leave it out of the refrigerator for about 1 hour) and beat it until fluffy. If you have a stand up mixer with a whisk attachment, this is best.

I am so curious why it needs to be whipped ;-) At any rate, just hand whisk or beat with an egg beater with a couple of tablespoons of non-fat or low-fat milk :-)

OK first, in order to make your cream cheese light and airy like what is in the market you must first add air (to make it light and fluffy). I you add ordinary milk it will only make it thin. i do not think that is very appealing.

You need low fat whipping cream. Whipping cream doubles when whipped by allowing air this produces a very light and of course airy product. For example, if you want to make homemade whipped cream you would add confectioners sugar to heavy whipping cream. one sm. carton of cream will produce a lot of whipped cream.

So go with the low fat whipping cream or low fat heavy whipping cream. Thanks, Carla

November 27, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe for making whipped and spreadable cream cheese like you buy in the grocery store? Thanks for your help.

Mike

Answers:

Whipped Cream Cheese

What I do is to put some milk or cream in my block of cream cheese and whip it with my mixer until I get the consistency I want. I then transfer it to a covered plastic container. I find this lasts for awhile as well. I sometimes mix some chives or pimentos or whatever you like into it as well. Tastes great and I don't have to pay a high price or whipped cream cheese as it is always more expensive then the block. Hope this helps.

Carolyn (06/29/2005)

By Carolyn

Whipped Cream Cheese

We buy a block of cream cheese and mix in a bit of strawberry syrup. We also use 1 block, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and a bit of Longaberger Cinnamon Pear Caramel sauce. (08/10/2005)

By Kim

Whipped Cream Cheese

I followed Carolyn's recipe, and it turned out great. I added maybe 1/4 cup of skim milk to about 16 oz. of cream cheese and worked it with my stand mixer for about 5 minutes. I started on low and then kept increasing the speed to the highest setting to get a good, whipped consistency. (07/20/2006)

By Jake

Whipped Cream Cheese
Making Whipped Cream Cheese
Make Your Own MiscellaneousNovember 27, 2009
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Freezing Whipped Cream. Making Whipped Cream
Freezing Whipped Cream
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Frozen Whipped Topping on Blueberries
Using Frozen Whipped Topping
🎄