BathroomDecorating

Countertop Color for Bathroom with Yellow Fixtures

I have yellow sinks and a tub in my little girl's bathroom and my designer put in hideous marble countertops. I have no idea what color countertops to replace them with. What do you suggest?

By Elyssa from Jacksonville, FL

I would go with white or off-white, any other color might make it difficult to pick a paint color for the walls. If you want more color in your countertops, you can provide it by using colorful accessories.

Stark White...avoid any designed counter tops. Keep it plain. White is crisp, clean & will always look fresh with the yellow. It will always be "in style". Off white will take on a more yellowish hue, where as the stark white (or white white) will contrast the yellow very well.

I agree with the white or a soft cream. Then you can add complimentary colors through your towels, wall color, etc. I would advise not using real marble tops, We installed them and found that they scratch and stain easily.

I agree that white would be more versatile and you could use other colors as an accent. However, if the bathroom is your child's bath, you might think about a really bright blue. I lived in an apartment with this color scheme in the bathroom and it was so bright and cheery. I found several rubber-ducky type prints and it turned out really cute.