Baby Oil For Cradle Cap

My son had cradle cap until the day before his first birthday. The doctor kept telling me it would go away on its own. Well, I had had it by the time he was almost one so I found this home remedy. Rub baby oil or olive oil into the baby's scalp an hour before washing (I only did it a few minutes before). Use a soft toothbrush to gently rub in circles over the scales. They came right up and haven't reoccurred!

By Deanna

Editor's Note: These sites have more information about Cradle Cap.

DrGreene.com - Cradle Cap
http://www.drgreene.com/21_1062.html

BabyCentre.co.uk - Cradle Cap
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/80.html

Medem - Treatment and Preventing Cradle Cap
http://www.medem.com/MedLB/article_detaillb.cfm?article_ID=ZZZ0IP6DEEC&sub_cat=25

Another way to deal with cradle cap is to use a soft baby brush or a comb in the bath each time. When you are shampooing the baby's hair, use the brush/comb for an extra half minute, gently "scratching" the baby's scalp all over. The scales will come off and if you keep it up, you will never need to do a specific treatment for cradle cap.

what causes cradle cap?

cradle cap is just a build up of dead skin on the scalp of infants .. katie's method is the best I've found for cradle cap .. it works wonderfully.

It's best to be VERY careful using baby oil .. it can be inhaled by the baby and coats the lungs .. very dangerous.

Rebekah

Hello...I am sending this as a 3rd party witness. My oldest niece had cradle cap until she was 3 years old!! My sister tried everything under the sun, nothing worked - especially not baby oil (it made it worse and turn yellow/cakey). Now with the addition of my second niece, my sister began using Ryen and Rose Cradle Cap repair treatment (all natural product) and niece #2 is 25 months old now and hasn't had a trace of CC since 13 months old when treatment began..it really works wonders!! It's kinda pricey, but well worth the money!!

info@ryenrose.com