Lemon Juice For Acne Scars

I've had acne for as long as I remembered and the result is having dark spots on my face, legs, and even on my back from it. It's hard to look myself in the mirror sometimes and I need a cure.

I've heard about the whole lemon juice on the face thing, but I had a few questions on how it works. I mean, can I leave it on while I sleep or would that make it worse? Does it matter if I use the real lemons or the one in the can? Does any one know how long it takes to work? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I need help. Please help. Any comments will be helpful.

By Gina from Corpus Christi, TX

Make an appointment with a dermatologist.

I can't say as I know about lemon juice. I would think leaving on while you sleep might risk you getting it in your eyes and stinging. I visited several dermatologists beginning when I was about 11 until I was 18. I had cystic acne, which is about the worst kind of acne you can have. The doctors all gave me antibiotics and harsh chemical treatments for my skin, none of which worked for me because it did not target the cause. Eventually, when I became an adult, I just gave up on my skin looking good. That was until I found out I was allergic to milk. Once I stopped drinking milk, my allergies, asthma, and acne all cleared up. My point is that you need to figure out what's triggering your acne first. It may be that seeing a dermatologist works for you, and if it does, that's great. Don't worry about the scars right now. Once you figure out the cause and fix it, the scars will fade some. Mine are virtually invisible unless you look really close.

Yeah doesn't matter what type of lemon. You can also use a lime. It get rids of acne and the scars and marks left behind...but I use a different tech. I'm 16 year old and had bad acne since the 3rd grade. Now I decided for change. In high school it ain't cute. It wasn't before either.

Also you can leave the lime/lemon (canned, fresh, or juice bottle) on your face overnight or if you have sensitive skin leave it on for 10min and wash off with cold water.

Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceSeptember 12, 2010
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice