"Fresh and Easy" Neighborhood Market for Grocery Discounts

If you live in the Phoenix or Las Vegas area, or in SoCal, there is an amazing market chain called "Fresh and Easy". Shopping there has slashed our food bills by 75%, plus we're eating healthier than ever before (much of it is organic, free range and no hormones added).

Since everything they sell is never frozen, they mark everything down 50% after it's been out for about a week. I usually go as early as I can get there (they open at 8am). For example: right now they have fresh ground beef 2 lbs. for $2.88. In about a week, I'll find it in the "clearance" area for 50% off. that's only $1.44 for TWO pounds of ground beef. Plus, if you ask, they'll give you coupons ($2 off of $10, $4 off of $20, etc.).

Today I got five full grocery bags of really nice ground beef, pre-marinated chicken, mushroom stroganoff (freshly made), and lamb chops for $26.00!

I have a vacuum sealer, and freeze everything as soon as I get home, and it's truly fresh AND easy (and best of all, CHEAP).

By Lisa from Las Vegas

I think that might happen anywhere you can find a locally owned grocery store that doesn't have the big chain mentality. Just the other day, I noticed a handwritten note on a cooler door in the small store that I frequent, that milk was being sold at 2.00 a gallon, down from the regular price of 3.99. It was going out of date that day. We bought all 8 gallons available and filled our freezer.

Local grocery stores are "hidden gems"

Michael

http://www.tightwadcorner.com

Although it seems like a good idea, I would not want to compromise my family's health for the sake for a deal!

What a tremendous value. We frequently buy milk on it's expiration date and freeze it. We have several jugs at a time in the freezer and it helps keep the freezer full. We have our own meat, so the freezer goes from over full to having space for many great deals as the year progresses.

YIPPEE!!!! We are getting this store downtown in a short while. I had never heard of it before,so am glad to know (grocery savings ) help is on the way. And to the worry-worts out there. Milk shelf life is 4-6 days AFTER the expiration date if it is kept COLD. And a good 3 months if frozen.Repackage meat in freezer bags,smaller sizes for smaller families. They thaw out faster too, if you flatten out ground meat instead of leaving it in chunks.

Happy Savings,GG Vi

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingDecember 11, 2008
Couple Choosing a Neighborhood
Choosing a Neighborhood
Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
🎄
🍂