Bedroom Painting Advice For Red Carpet And Dark Furniture

I need help. I am moving into a house that has red carpet in the master bedroom. We have a dark espresso bedroom suite. The bed is a canopy with white mesh. What color would be nice to paint the walls and accent the room with?

Amber from Fort Myers, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

A nice light, natural color. Like a beige tone. Or even an off white. I think the beige would bring the espresso and red together more. Just play up tones between brown and red in decor.

I think a dark tan would look lovely- Think coffee with milk-kind of color... You can always use rugs over the carpet to tone it down a notch, too. (If it's bothering you)

I agree with Drea. You need something to lighten it up.

I'd go for a nice neutral beige shade, or pale cream. The bed canopy could be decorated with red or brown (my first thought was red sequins/beads) to make it tie in with the rest of the room.

Pure white will be gorgeous.

Gold would be very dramatic with the red carpeting and dark furniture.

Where can I see galleries of red painted ceilings? I want to paint my ceiling in red and cream. It is a north facing room which feels cold and dark. Will this look too dark or will it warm it up a bit? This is a big ceiling in an old Edwardian villa.

Advice appreciated.

Angela

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJuly 27, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:01:39 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.