Air Cleaner for an Apartment

I am looking for feedback about Ionic breeze or some sort of air filtration device for an apartment.

Kelly from Indianapolis, IN

I have the Ionic Breeze----very happy with it, have had it for 4 years and it is still going!!!

Love that I can wipe off the filter and not having to replace them.

Got mine at Linens N Things and was able to use a 20% coupon on it----so we thought we would try it!!!

Been a good investment for us.

Yes, I have a full size Ionic Breeze in every room in my house. They work great & it helps to keep dust down to a minimum & helps with my allergies. You do have to clean the filter weekly & shake the unit with the filter out to keep it clean (read the directions that come w/it). I got mine thru Sharper Image & used a coupon that I got out of one of their catalogs.

I have 2 table top Bell & Howell ionic air cleaners that both quit working after about 6-8 mos.

I definitely would not reccomend Bell & Howell!!

Lucky you to be able to afford such things, especially if they work. I rely on my exhaust fans that are vented outside. They work very well with my homemade filters made from recycled dryer sheets

and cleaned lint, modified to fit a picture frame attached to the older exhaust over the stove, since I don't have the washable newer filter. The main one is hidden by the hood of the vent, so it's not at all unsightly and can be tossed, eliminating the need to wash the grime off.

If your apt. has no outside exhaust, I'd open all doors to all rooms, then during the day only, open the front door slightly and make the farthest window ajar...both for only 5 full minutes, the time estimated by the EPA/utility companies to completely exchange stale air in an average apt./home. AND a LOT cheaper than air "purifiers". God bless your efforts to improve your health and environment. : )

I have had an Ionic in every one of my rooms at my house for years. They help with keeping dust down & keeping odors at bay & also help my allergies. You have to clean an Ionic weekly & also shake it with the filter out (read the directions that come with the Ionic). I used a coupon from a Sharper Image Catalog that I had.

If it is good for the allergies as well as keeping dust away as well as keeping the air fresh and clean I want one. Are they expensive? I'm disabled and live on a disability income so money is tight. By the way my disability is for severe chronic bronchial asthma/allergies so you can tell I desperately need one. I'm sure glad I signed up for this site I have learned so much already from the other posters. This is great and what a wonderful bunch of people, hi ya'll, coming at ya from Kentucky!!!

Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceOctober 3, 2006
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters