AdviceCleaning

Cleaning In Tight Spaces

I found that an easy solution to cleaning corners or tight spots is to purchase a cheap set of artist paintbrushes from the craft area at Walmart, etc. Use the big brushes for larger dirty areas, small brushes for tiny areas.

Just wet the bristles with water, spray the dirty spot with cleaning solution (or just use water), swipe the dirty area a few times, rinse the bristles and swipe again.

For instance: When our plumber installed our kitchen and bathroom sinks, he left a very tight spot between the back wall and the back of the sinks. The bristles on the paintbrushes fit in there perfectly to keep it clean.

Another helpful tip: If you have men/boys in your house, urine seems to find it's way down the outside of the toilet to the floor. To keep urine odors at bay, spray the edge with your cleaning solution, then use a larger sized brush to scrub along and UNDER the rim at the bottom of the toilet where it meets the floor.

By Ann from northern Ontario, Canada

Great idea, I have to go buy more paint brushes. I have some but they art paint with. LOL don't think I can use them then go paint with them lol But I love you ideal.

This is a good idea but I wish I come up something to use in tight places that has a long handle. There is a spot behind my toilet that is really hard to get to because the distance from the toilet to the wall is Less than 10 inches. Same distance on the other side from the toilet to edge of bath tub. Impossible for me to get in the corner to scrub good enough.

I love my steam cleaner. It cleans tight spaces very well.

I love the art brushes idea. But as it has been said I need a long handle for getting in between my bath tub and my sink vanity. Any ideas?

Marion