Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Mold on Baby Jumper Seat

I have a mildew stain on my baby's cover, that is on the seat of the Rain Forest swing and baby bouncer. I need to know how to clean the covers that go on them.

By David from Searcy, AR

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Faye02/28/2010

Lysol disinfectant spray works wonders and should save this item. If just spraying doesn't work, try scrubbing and it should come right off!

By Anonymous [848]02/25/2010

Certainly wouldn't want any human, and especially a baby, anywhere near mold! It's not worth risking his/her health so just toss it and replace it!

By Samme Page02/23/2010

Have you tried a good steam cleaner? It will help a great deal. Mine is a Sargent Steam.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Mold on Baby Jumper Seat

I bought a Jumperoo (baby jumper) from a yard sale for really cheap and the seat (which is bright red) has some mold or mildew spots on it. Does anyone know a good way to get these out or should I just replace the seat?

By sparklecola from IL

RE: Mold on Baby Jumper Seat

Peroxide clears mold and won't leave any strong odours that could harm a baby. Just put peroxide on mold stains with a dropper or cotton bud leave till stain fades, wash with any soap, rinse well, and dry. (08/27/2009)

By hera48

RE: Mold on Baby Jumper Seat

Do "not" use bleach. It can create an invisible gas and scar your lungs without you even knowing it. Use white vinegar only. I got permanently ill from using bleach on mold and the Red Cross told me to use a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water only.

Don't rinse it off, it will leave an acid base that will prevent the mold from growing back; just air it out til the vinegar smell abates. (08/27/2009)

By wolfbytez