Little Twig Tree for Decorating All Year

This idea can be used all year as well as Christmas. I gathered branches and made sure all the leaves were off and spray painted them white, I found a basic vase, that would accept the white spray paint, I found the little twinkle lights and put those on the branches after they were dry.

Of course, use caution when using the electric lights, also it is still pretty without the lights, look through your decorations or old jewelry to see what you would like to hang from the branches, you can use pretty ribbon, I used mostly clear decorations, and now all year I look for small things to hang on the branches. You can decorate the branches for Easter or just for fun. Also the branches look great with their natural color.

It's a fun idea for kids to help with the decorating part, they could make paper chains all in white or cut snowflakes. You may need to weigh down your vase and branches with rocks in the bottom. This idea can be cheaper than a tree and be used all year, enjoy.

By Kersti from Bellevue, Wa.

great idea! it really worked well in my new living room!

Its funny that you should mention this because this is an idea that I have had but never executed... My mother always made the Easter Egg tree for that holiday and I dont see why deciduous trees cant be used for the Christmas holiday as well. What a great alternative to spending $30 for a live tree! I prefer the natural look so I dont think I'd spray paint mine... for me... less is more... If you know what I mean... smile

I think that this is a really cool idea! I was thinking about getting a lot of branches out in the woods and lining the border of my yard with them all in a row. That would look really cool when the lights are wrapped around the branches and then strung from one branch to another. Oh by the way how do I post on this section?

Peace & Love,

Barb