What is This Song? (Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod)

My sister is 10 years older than I am, and when I was little she would sometimes sing me to sleep. She used to sing songs like One Tin Soldier, Puff the Magic Dragon (it was the early 70s after all) but one that has stuck in my mind is about a little boy in a shoe (I think).

All I really remember is that I used to love the song and one small line, "One sailor boy reached for his toy...". I keep thinking it may have been about Winkin' Blinkin' and Nodd, but I could be wrong. I'd love to find the title of the song and maybe even the lyrics. Thanks to all!

By Sarah from Berrien Springs, MI

Best Answer

The line about the sailor boy isn't in it, but several groups such as the Mamas and the Papas and the Monkees did versions of Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod during the 70's.

https://youtu.be/lsAR0Kc2zZs

Best Answer

Tahlula, Thank you so much! I don't know where I got that line from, but I was looking around and listened to the Mammas and the Pappas version and ping! That was it! The very song my sister used to sing to me. I don't know how to thank you enough! Thank you thank you thank you!!

You could always go to youtube, type in the line that you remember, and see if anything pops up. I do this often for songs that I don't know the titles to, but it sometimes takes a while to shift through all the other junk that will pop up.