Lemon Fettuccine with Tuna
Good for using canned tuna without mayonnaise.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small lemons (squeeze zest and juice)
- 3 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup drained and julienne cut (rehydrate in hot water), sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cold butter cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 can Tuna
- 1/2 pound cooked according to package directions, fettuccine
- 3 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil
In large skillet, in hot oil, saute garlic. Add tomatoes and lemon juice; saute 1 minute longer. Add cold butter, lemon zest, parsley and oregano.
Stir until butter has melted and mixture has thickened slightly; remove from heat. Gently fold in Chicken of the Sea Tuna.
Pour tuna lemon mixture over fettuccine; gently toss until cooked. Sprinkle with pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
|Time:||10 Minutes Preparation Time|
25 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: Chicken of the Sea Tuna
By LRP from LWL MA
March 9, 20100 found this helpful
This sounds so yummy! I am going to give it a try :-)
July 21, 20100 found this helpful
I made this last night to the delight of all. A definite keeper. Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 18, 2016 at 11:57:02 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us