ArtDecorating

Creative Ways to Hang a Window Frame

I am needing some rustic, farm-like ideas for a way to hang a window frame that has a quilt attached to it. You can see the quilt squares through the window panes. It is going to hang over the head of the bed.

Update: I have posted this earlier under a different category. I am trying to come up with a creative way to hang an old window that has a quilt attached to the back so that the quilt squares show through the window panes. It is going over the head of the bed. Someone mentioned a rake head. How would that work exactly? I need any other ideas. Obviously it is not a formal setting, but very casual/country.

Thanks!
Carolb from Fairview,TN

have you considered the head of a rake or other implement?

weathered or faux -weathered silvery wood would be pretty with windowframe -or a color picked up from quilt. Could put in large nails and hang some old tools artistically. Like rake idea. Make hangers fom buttons and loops or use ons as decoration on board. Pretty extension of quilt-clothes theme. Similarly ties, sashes, belts. baby things as little stong mittens,etc.

I like the rake idea but what goes from the rake head to the window frame? Rope? Wire? Would the rake head be centered above the frame and then a wire going to the two top corners?

You could hang something to look like picket fencing with the window frame in the middle.

Sometimes less is more?! Have you heard the saying?!...Why not hang the window with heavy duty "bull dog" picture hangers...attaching wire to the back of the frame...and hooking the wire onto the picture hangers...You will not see the wire or the hooks...I'd try to hang the frame in wall studs if possible...

However you hang it, make sure it is very sturdily attached.

You don't want it to fall down in the middle of the night.

In fact, my Dh won't hang anything over the bed.

Nails have a way of working themselves out of walls.