Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Making a Ribbon Photo Holder

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I have a lot of pictures of my 2 kids in my office cubicle. I'd like to make a photo holder to hold them all. I have an idea in mind, but I don't have the instructions. Maybe someone here knows how to make it? It's a flat backing, covered, but it has pieces of woven ribbon or elastic, to hold in the photos (or notes or whatever). If you have these instructions, may you pass them on? Thanks lots!

Penni from Hillsborough, NC

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Pat (Guest Post) 01/29/2009 Flag

Penni,
Take a piece of wood or heavy cardboard the size you need. Place a piece of batting{an old sweatshirt or old blanket will do over the cardboard secure all around the back with glue staples or tape. Place a pretty fabric over the batting secure that to the back with tape. Then place a matching ribbon {one half inch wide} from corner to corner. Secure on the back. Then go from the other corner to the empty one. Secure.Continue to weave the ribbon diagonally back and forth. Secure each strip to the back. Put a hanger on the back. Slip in you pictures, notes, etc. and enjoy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Robin 6 02/05/2009 Flag

Here's one link for instructions. Good luck! RoHo
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/1642086/detail.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes