Uses for Bread Bags

Ideas for reusing bread bags. Post your ideas below.

I reuse bread bags for scooping cat litter. Just tie the end in a knot and toss into trash can - no smell!

By Diana

I knew a woman years ago who would cut them into strips and then crochet the strips into scatter rugs for the kitchen or laundry room.

"shake-n-bake" bags, freezer bags for meat, storage bag for homemade baked goods, dirty diaper disposal bags, storage for grocery bags, trash bag for car travel, cast cover for showering, cover feet before putting on boots that aren't waterproof... I never seem to run out of uses!

Make 2 baggies for cat poop out of one bread sack: Tie off the bread sack tightly with the twist tie about half way down so that the two halves are almost even, the closed end being a little bit longer. Cut the bread sack on the closed end near the twist tie. There should be just enough room to store the poop and tie it in a knot just before tossing it.

Bread bags also work great for little kids in their winter boots. Just slip over their socks (or shoes if they have overshoes) and boots slip off and on quite easily.

Rip a bread sack down one side, leaving the bottom intact. Cup the end around a bowl, wrap the rest across the top of the bowl, and tuck the end under when placing it in the refrigerator. It works quite well.

Aunt Sharon from Texas

How about a lunch bag? A bag to pick berries?

Bring seashells home from the seashore?

A place to put wet swimming trunks

How about a place for dirty underswears and socks in your suitcase

In your car A place to put those used oil bottles that are scattered all over your trunk.

i make a fresh loaf of bread and use the bread bag as a container.

Cover small plants from frost

Wet seed trays put bread bag around them set where sunlight is available. Your seeds will come up quicker.

use bread bags as gloves to pick up stuff like dead birds that hit you find on your property and put them in another bread bag or you can just pick up Doggie dew with a new bag every time

When I was younger, I would cut bottom out of bread bag, and in bad winters, cover my legs with them. (use loose rubber bands to hold up.) (you can cover them with leg warmers. And I also used alot of bread bags in my younger days in my diaper bags, for dirty diapers, soiled clothes, or shoes. Now that I'm older I use them for freezer jobs, I freeze bagels and muffins in them for quick breakfasts. And I have also used them for a "quicky" rubber glove. Many uses too numerous to tell all.....

I re-use bread bags to mix the dry ingredients for cookies or breading for meats. No bowls, No mess.

I use bread bags for "stinky' disposable diapers. I have a child care in my home and can't run out to the garbage can with each one so i drop the offensive diaper in a bread bag or grocery bag twist it a couple of times, wrap it back on itself and then tie and throw in the diaper pail with the wet ones.

If you use them for sandwich bags, always be sure the label with the ink, is on the outside of the package. I have heard that the ink could have some lead, which we know can be dangerous if ingested.

My Grandma used to make rugs out of Bread Sacks. She died when I was 12. I would really love to learn how to do this. She used a Wooden Crochet Needle. Does anyone know how to do this? Biker babe 1055 @aol.com Cram address all together. Thanks

Uses for Bread Bags
Uses for Bread Bags
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎉
🎄