Use Warm Oven to Dry Pots and Pans

When you have used your oven for cooking or baking and have pots and pans that have to be hand washed, place them upside down on the rack in the warm oven to dry. Do not forget to remove them before you preheat the oven. To remind myself that something is temporarily in the oven, I stick a decorative magnet on the top of the stove.

By mkymlp from NE PA

Yeah! I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who does that too. I especially like not having to dry them with a dish towel, and I do leave a magnet to remind me too, however, I always check my oven anyway because some of them are storage in the oven, I gotta find some place for storage for everything. :)

Why go to the trouble of heating up the oven? Soon as I take anything out of the oven that needs hand washing, I put my cake or cookies or whatever on the cooling rack, wash the pan, and put it in the cooling oven to dry. No need for wasting fuel. Also, if you leave the oven door ajar while the oven is cooling, it will act as extra heating to warm up your kitchen without using radiators, etc.

If you read the tip, the very first sentence, states 'when you have used your oven'. No where does it say to heat the oven just to dry the pots and pans. Please read carefully before posting feedback. Thank you.