Cat Proofing the Sewing Room

Some of us don't like our kitty to help us sew. Mine has fairly long hair and will immediately lie down on any piece of fabric I lay down. Since I heat with wood, I needed a way for the air to circulate to my sewing room and yet keep Mr. Kiki out. So, I hung a piece of garden lattice on hinges with a simple screen door lock toward the top so I can reach it from both sides, and added a nice silk flower trim!

By Busybee1952 from White Cloud, MI

that is so cute! Ha ha. You seem to

be very clever and I can only imagine how

nice your sewing must turn out. Thanks

for the picture.

Looks good; I might try that to keep my dogs out of the computer room. Question....aren't cats supposed to be good climbers?

Great idea and wonderful tip! It looks very nice.

I wish I had thought of something so clever when

my AllieMae was around.

Thank you for sharing tip. It just looks so nice!!!

Looks great and what a clever idea!! I have 4 cats they can be sleeping sound UNTIL I get a project out ha ha! Then they're wide awake and ready to help! Thanks for sharing your idea

Carol

Sand Lake MI

I have a friend who put a whole all screen door to keep her cats out of a room.She decorates it for the different seasons.

Thank you all for your comments. My kitty is too fat to climb this or at least doesn't seem to have the ambition. He did try to open it from the bottom with his paw but was unsuccessful and when it snapped back, it scared him and he hasn't tried again. It has truly worked out great for me and I'm thinking of twining some more greenery in there somewhere.

Pat

That is so pretty. I think I will have to give that a try because my 2 cats and my 2 kids love playing with the pedal on my sewing machine and they like to play with my ribbon box and unravel it all. lol This might just help to keep all of my lil rascals out, but still in plain sight.

I've used a screen door, that way air still circulates and it looks cool. You can choose fancy or plain, I went with a very plain one, I always get compliments.

Sewing Room
Organizing a Sewing Room
Crafts SewingSeptember 19, 2006
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Sewing Room
Decorating a Sewing Room
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
Setting Up Your Sewing Area
Setting Up Your Sewing Area
🎉
🎄