Making EZ Stretchable Hair Combs

I came up with an idea and plan to make a bunch of homemade EZ Combs for my hair. I love the EZ Combs, but hate the price. Plus, I want more colors.

I'm going to use the plastic hair combs that are for holding your hair back. For the stretchy, I'm going to use elastic thread. And to attach it to the comb I'm going to use beads just a little bit larger and super glue them on the "outside" side of the comb. The side that won't be against the head.

Other than that I'm going to take one of the EZ Combs I have and follow the pattern of threading it. I'm also thinking of making some with narrow "scrunchies". I'll simply thread the elastic thread through a narrow fabric or crocheted tube that's about 3 times the length. I think that would be cute, and definitely different!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

My comment is about making the homemade scrunchies. I use the narrow end of pretty neckties. Just thread elastic through, sew the ends together and there you have it.

Great idea especially being much cheaper to make yourself. Hope you post pictures later.

That is a good idea. I love the combs. They can change so so hair into a hairstyle in just a second. Irisbird. What a great idea using necktie ends for scrunchies. That would save a lot of time and they will be so pretty. Most ties are silk anyway so that's a bonus.

Can you give us directions with pictures. I can kind of see what you're doing, but not quite. Thanks.

August 26, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have instructions to make EZ Combs, the stretchable combs for hair like those available on TV? I have particular colors I would like and plenty of seed beads. I am not sure what to use for the stretch (the plastic jewelry stuff, wrapped hairband rubberbands, something else?) or how to best attach them to the combs. Anyone out there tried these? Do you like using them? Thanks all.

By melodybh from Oak Ridge, TN

Making EZ Stretchable Hair Combs

I'm sorry to say that I don't have instructions to make them, but when I googled to try, I found a site dealing with businesses and their practices and I just want to warn people not to purchase them. They over charge their shipping/handling and refund policies are not favorable. The reviews of them were not good and people were basically warning you not to buy them in the stores as well.

I know QVC is selling them made by different companies, but I have not read any reviews, but you can.
I hope someone else will find instructions for you. :) Here was the link: (08/04/2009)

By kghsave

Hair Accessories
Making Your Own Hair Accessories
Crafts MiscellaneousAugust 26, 2009
Two hair brushes and a comb.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Brushes and Combs
Making Button Bobby Pins
Making Button Bobby Pins
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink