Make Your Own Gift Certificates for Christmas

Category Gifts
Christmas Gift Certificate
Homemade gift certificates typically take the form of a coupon for a future service or activity such as lawn mowing, cleaning, dinner, a movie, etc. This is a guide about make your own gift certificates for Christmas.

My tip is for a Christmas gift idea. Several years ago, I made up certificates for my granddaughter, then about 4 or 5, to give to everyone in the family. I made up a 'coupon' with the words, "Good for one kiss, payable whenever presented" or something to that effect. I don't remember the exact wording now. Her job was to cut the coupons apart, then because it was to expensive to laminate them, we covered them with clear contact paper. The she wrapped them to give to the family. Most are still carrying the card in their wallets/purse and occasionally 'present' it for a kiss. My granddaughter will soon be 10.

By Linda

This seems to be a big hit, especially with teenagers. Using the Print Master (graphic) program, I make my own gift certificates using appropriate borders, pictures, etc.; examples: movie tickets, fast food restaurants (even though you could buy them direct), and attach MONEY inside the card. This gives them the option of using the MONEY however they wish! I use a frame border on the envelope and insert text & graphic in the center appropriate to the occasion i.e., Happy Birthday, Congratulations on graduation, Merry Christmas, you get the idea. If you are mailing this, insert the gift certificate & envelope into a larger envelope & address it.

This could be used for an elderly person also, since the thought is there, but you may not know what they really could use ... MONEY is always appreciated! This way you are dressing up the cash gift that's different from the ordinary.

Syd Barr

That is a wonderful idea!

It's a gift that keeps on giving.

And what's better than a kiss or hug from a child?

HERE'S A LINK FOR "MARRIAGE GIFT CERTIFICATES' THAT YOU CAN PRINT: www.familyfirst.net/marriage/marriagecouponschristmas.asp