Using 'Twist Embroidery Machine Thread'

I just bought a new Brother SE-270D combination sewing and embroidery machine and I have used the embroidery machine and love the results. Right now I have only done names with regular colored thread. I want to purchase embroidery threads and saw that there are lots of different kinds that give different looks.

While searching on eBay I saw what's called twist embroidery machine thread which said it gives a 3D look. Can someone who has used this type please provide a picture of something they have embroidered so that I can see what that actually looks like when finished please? And also any helpful advice as to the best type threads to use for embroidering would be appreciated as well. Thank you in advance.

Julie

Answers

I've been thinking about buying the Brother 270-D embroidery/sewing machine for over 2 years now. I have decided against it because I've read EVERY review I could find from customers who have purchased the machine. From what I've read, I've found that everyone is THRILLED with the machine & how it works in the beginning, but that there's a reason it's priced so reasonably, & that's because it doesn't hold up. I'm posting the review sites for you to read. After reading them, you may want to return the machine & save your money for a better model (like one person recommends) or the reviews may just convince you how important it is to send in all your registration papers. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest "Brother" fan out there & own 2 Brother machines. It's a great company. But be super careful of the 270-D, as the plastic thread holder breaks easily, never force them & the self-threader can stop working & I've read there's way to manually thread it...

* Remember most of the $299 models are "reconditioned". That means they were returned to the company (with a problem), then repaired by Brother & resold (usually without a warranty).

BROTHER 270-D REVIEWS: (go to the very bottom of the page for reviews)

http://www.epin  display_~reviews

http://www.amaz  onDateDescending

http://www.over  ct.html#moreinfo

---> It seems people either LOVE the machine or HATE the machine, there's really no middle ground. I have decided to save my money & buy a better embroidery machine. But, for now I recently purchased the computerized Brother BC-1000, it's not an embroidery machine but it does have 100 different stitches & a self threader (which I LOVE!). Plus, it only cost $149 (on sale) at Target.. Target has a great 90 day return policy. I guess if you buy the Brother 270-D knowing it will just be for temporary light weight use, then you'd be informed & not think you wasted your money.

---> As far as your original question about Twist Embroidery Machine Thread: I've heard this type of thread breaks easier & is harder to use. Maybe it would be better for you as a beginner to stick with an easier to use thread. Or, maybe buy just one spool & see how it works in your machine.