Uses for Small Liquid Soap Containers

This time of the year, I start to save my small liquid dish soap containers. We use them on our RV refrigerator. They are the perfect size to fit in the RV refrigerator. After cleaning them well, they are great smaller containers to hold items such as jelly, catchup, mustard, miracle whip, etc. Also, since they are plastic, they don't break.

I also use them for the kids to have water fights with during the summer.

Another use is to mix up plant fertilizer in to water house plants. It is easy to water small houseplants with or to treat garden plants without getting neighboring plants.

I almost always have the smaller containers rather than the larger ones, because I can get the small containers of dish soap for free when combined with a sale at Walgreen or CVS with a coupon. I never pay more than 20 cents at the most for dish soap in a small container, if even that much.

By mom-from-missouri from NW Missouri

While these containers have many uses, do not use them for food products. The plastic containers are manufactured for soap not food. There is a difference in the grade of plastics.

You can buy dish soap for 20 cents?! That's wonderful! Love the idea of keeping the containers. I've never thought of that.

I agree that I wouldn't use these containers for food storage. They were not made for that purpose.

I've heard of other people who do this, but I would be really afraid to myself-especially if my kids were eating this stuff. The requirements for non-food containing plastic is not the same as far as what chemicals are allowed & how much they can leach out into the product. Catsup,mustard,mayo,etc have an acid/vinegar base which which would leach even more chemicals out of the containers-basically poisoning you & your family!! Not worth it! Go to the $ store & get some of the smaller bottles that have food in them & use those.

Saving smaller containers is a great idea! There are so many non-food uses for them and they last for a long time. Also,it might be easier to handle a small container, but cheaper to buy the larger or in bulk of thigs like dish detergent, liquid hand soap, etc. So buying the larger size and then transfering the product to a smaller, neater, more manageable container is very convenient and thrifty. Saving the small containers for non food use is a super idea - Thank You!

Those containers are not made for food! Please get containers that are made for food! The plastic is not food safe!!

You should only ever use food grade plastics with food. Plastic can leach nasty chemicals into food! Check out this info:

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 3, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes
Soap Dispenser With Pink Liquid Soap
Uses for Soap Dispensers
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale