Repairing Wood Arm Framework on an Upholstered Sofa

My wife and I own a sleeper-sofa. The arms are made of wood. One of the arms is cracked right through. The cracked arm did not go through the upholstery.

I was wondering how much it would cost to get the arm repaired. A prompt response to this would be much appreciated. Thank you very much. Please take care and I very much look forward to hearing back from you as quickly as you possibly can.

Sincerely yours.

By John Felix from Virginia Beach, VA

Answers

My husband does furniture repair for a living. It'd be hard to give an estimate without actually seeing the repair, but sounds lite it'd be repairable. He's replaced wooden parts lots of times. It's good that it hasn't ripped the upholstery. I would suggest checking with a furniture store(like if you have a Badcock & More in your area) and see if they know of someone that might do that sort of work. Some of the people that do repair work for the furniture companies also do work on the side. Some of the smaller, independent furniture stores may have someone they can refer you to. Gee, I've always wanted to see VA, but we're in GA, so it's a little bit far for him to come fix it for you. If it's still a "young" peice, it might be worth fixing, but that'd be something you'd have to decide. Some things it's just better to buy another rather than pay for a repair. Good luck!

Fabric Couch
Repairing a Broken Arm on a Fabric Couch
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasDecember 10, 2010
Vintage Quilt
Repairing a Long Arm Quilting Machine
Upholstered arm chair.
Cleaning Upholstered Furniture
Woman with lightened hair on her arms.
Making Your Arm Hair Lighter
Antique Chair
Repairing Antique Upholstered Furniture
🎉
🎄