Selling or Donating Old Costume Jewelry

By Rita 2

I have a great deal of costume jewelry that I no longer use and would like to get rid of. I would prefer to either sell or donate it. Any ideas how I can do this?

By Rita from Rossville, Il

Showing: Answers Sort

By katrina 5 232 Flag

Check out eBay; and get an inkling what prices go for; find a consignment shop and see if it's worth your time to put in there!

Christmas bazaar's will be here shortly; why not see about getting a booth or going in with someone to try and sell them there?

Give to Salvation Army if nothing else! They are FANTASTIC about giving items for FREE to whoever is in need!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,478 Flag

If this is actual vintage jewelry, there are people who buy it for resale, because vintage clothing and jewelry are really popular right now.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Suntydt 75 877 Flag

My mother had a bunch of old jewelry (some of it broken), she had me give it to my 9 year old daughter who absolutely loved it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dottie Stevens 3 25 Flag

If you have a nursing home nearby, they may love to have a donation of costume jewelry. The homes around my area give things like that out as prizes at bingo games and other activities. They also welcome small bottles of perfume, soaps, socks and such.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Julia 147 1,074 Flag

Hi Rita,

If you are into crafts at all, here is a great idea that I ran across in some craft magazine years ago. I always wanted to make one, but never got around to doing it. I didn't have the old jewelry to do it with either, but you do. If I could remember the source of this picture, I would gladly share it, but all I have is the picture. It's still one of my "dream things to do".

Good Luck to you,

Pookarina

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Eileen M. 56 240 Flag

You could also donate it to your local Girl Scouts... In the phone book or internet under Girl Scouts - locate a council near you. The council will have a very local contact who would undoubtedly LOVE to relieve you of the unwanted jewelry to use in crafts projects!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Della 55 Flag

One thing I have used them for is bingo gifts. I volunteer at shelters and church events. The jewelry makes wonderful gifts for the moms and daughters. I even have had a few boys get jewelry when they won, to give to their moms! :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Becky 1 Flag

Rita - I don't know if you've found somewhere to donate the jewelry you have but I started a project that collects, cleans, fixes, packages and re-donates jewelry to Women's Shelters in the Phoenix, AZ area. If you are interested in donating to this project let me know.

Becky

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Budget & Finance Making MoneySeptember 18, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Girl Dressed as a Nurse
Making a Nurse Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2016 at 8:49:16 AM on 10.0.1.115 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings