Recycle Coffee Pods For The Garden

I love my Keurig coffee maker and the mess-less perfect cups of coffee they make but I have a problem throwing away all those empty little cups. I have begun using the cups to start seedlings for my spring garden. I remove the foil tops. The coffee maker has already punched a hole in the bottom of the cup! Rinse them out. Fill with soil, add seeds, keep moist and cover loosely in sunless area until seedlings appear and develop, as usual.

By Judijo19 from North Los Angeles County, CA

February 23, 2010 Flag

We got a new coffee maker at work-one that uses the individual pods. I put a bucket out and now take them home. I empty the grounds into my compost bin and use the plastic pods as planters for seeds and babies-from spider plants. Planning a yard sale and will sell for 50 cents or so. will also be giving some away as gifts for a couple of housewarming. Not bad for free.

By Kat from Coatesville, PA

Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Home and Garden Gardening SeedsFebruary 23, 2010
cup of coffee
Homemade Coffee Pods
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
🎉
🎄